- All substitutions are on the fly, this includes goalkeeping substitutions.
- Referees will not stop play for goalkeeping substitutions.
- Coaches/Players are encouraged to change goalkeepers to allow all players to participate.
- A substitute may not enter the match until the player leaving the match is at the touchline in the substitution zone.
- All substitutions must take place in front of the team bench -- not at the half-way line.
- All teams will switch benches (and ends) at the beginning of halftime, ensuring that all substitutions take place in the defensive half.
All members of the original team have priority over play time in regards to the guest players. An original team member does not have to sub off in order for a guest player to join in after any given amount of time. As a courtesy, guest players are only encouraged to request to play with a team if they know their help is needed, either as a substitute player or as an extra player.